Athletic Performance Specialist
We are hiring a Part and/or Full-Time Athletic Performance Specialist to become a team member with training and operations at The Sports Armory.
Duties include leading group training, conducting private training, understanding and demonstrating exercises, and communicating with members from all types of backgrounds ensuring they are encouraged, supported and provided with the ambitious experience each time they enter the facility.
We are looking for personable, dedicated individuals with a strong work ethic who thrives on helping others, and are seeking to be a part of a like-minded community.
We use science based strength & conditioning concepts and treat everyone like an athlete no matter your experience or fitness level. In our facility, we take pride in providing a supportive and competitive training environment which promotes self-confidence and individual self-improvement to produce the most athletic version of you. We cater to a diverse clientele, which ranges from school children to collegiate/professional athletes to the general population.
We are focused on growing our membership and services and are looking for a committed, passionate, and professional individual to join our team.
In addition to coaching, this role promotes personal, professional, and creative development.
- Seeking or hold a current and up-to-date Strength and Conditioning certificate from a board certified body (NASM, NSCA, ACSM).
- Possess strong coaching abilities, program delivery and implementation of programming to athletes of all ages and backgrounds. Must be comfortable interacting with clients, parents, and being a representative of the company.
- Demonstrate mastery of corrective training and strength & conditioning techniques.
- Learn and understand our custom analytics program and communicate the results of Performance Reports to our customers.
- Ideally, having experience training in a group setting (up to 8 people).
- Program design is preferred but not required as we can teach you our Strength & Conditioning based training system and templates.
- The desire to learn and help others. Present yourself in a professional manner that will reinforce your status as a role model for adults and impressionable young athletes
- Perform daily business operations and assist with program development and marketing
- Conducting on-site assessments of athletes and clients utilizing our proprietary evaluation protocols.
- This position also includes community outreach, administrative tasks, and general facility upkeep.
- Candidates applying for this position should be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted repeatedly throughout the workday.
- The physical requirements of this job require frequent walking around, demonstrating, and assisting with exercise movements; bending, stretching, lifting, pushing, pulling and squatting are movements performed daily.
Athletic Performance Specialist – Intern
Our internship program is designed to provide a growing environment to continually improve the student’s knowledge, professionalism, and practical application allowing them to explore the future in athletic performance.
- To enhance our team with positive, enthusiastic, high-energy individuals who accept a sense of accountability
- To provide an individualized, comprehensive athletic performance program including but not limited to physical, mental and nutritional training
- To reduce injury risk while optimizing athletic performance such as speed, power, agility, flexibility/mobility and conditioning
- Reflect daily by evaluating our skills by using training sessions consisting of research and collaboration on the effectiveness of our training system
- Academic Credit Option
- Positions Offered All Year Round
- Up to 40 Hours Per Week
- Learn About Industry LEADING Athletic Performance Equipment
- Get Hands-On Practical Experience
- Learn from Experienced Professionals
Front Desk Position
Responsible for performing front desk operations through leadership of field rentals, cage rentals, concession sales, member service, and staff. The front desk team is an ambassador for our club. This individual will have a passion for fitness and a strong leadership skill set with past leadership experience.
Assist any and all customers upon immediate entrance into the facility
Advise new clients on package needs and field/cage rentals
Cover some front desk shifts when necessary
Monitor daily sales activities to ensure transactions are completed accurately
Ensure maintenance, organization and cleanliness of front desk area
Adhere to company guidelines and values
Demonstrate positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality and professionalism to clients
Education and/or Skills Required
Computer proficiency with Windows based products
Customer service and leadership experience
Good organizational, written and verbal skills
This position also includes community outreach, administrative tasks, and general facility upkeep.
Interested in joining The Sports Armory team? Fill out the form below with your resume and we’ll be in touch!